Saturday, November 6, 2010

54,000 is not enough

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/obama_asia

This story has prompted me to write one of my rare political postings. I won’t post too many of these, I promise. I just can’t ignore this one.
Here we are with an unemployment rate hanging around 10%. Now I’m no math genius but if there are 300,000,000 in the USA and 10% of those are unemployed that is like 30,000,000 people are out of work. Now I don’t think that counts the homeless and certain other classifications of people. But let’s assume it did just for ease here. If we can KEEP 54,000 jobs by continuing to give breaks to companies who outsource many 10’s of thousands of jobs how the fuck can Mr. Obama say that India is a creator of US jobs?
Ok so we can keep 54,000 jobs – jobs that are already in use - these are not counted towards the 10% unemployed because presumably those people who have one of those 54,000 jobs are working and not collecting unemployment benefits right? So how does keeping them create any fucking thing?
Ok Mr. President let’s try this one. I have three apples in my left hand. I move three apples to my right hand. How many apples do I have now? Ok try multiple choice then:
A. 3 apples
B. 6 apples
C. Why do you have three apples when these men are hungry? But they were offered a job to earn their own apples – two apples a day. Yeah but why should they take less when you could just give them your three apples? But you have 15 apples you give them yours. No those are my apples – the girls are in private school where they need lots of extra apples.
This a trick question.
So Mr. President your answer for creating jobs in the US is by offering our hand to India and trying to get more big business to move in there? How about you quit spending the $200,000,000 per day for your visit and do some damn work here. How about you offer tax credits to companies who hire people. How about you give tax breaks to those bring out-sourced operation back into the US. Here is a hint penalizing those who go out of country only hurts the consumer.
I don’t know much but if we can keep 54,000 jobs that is awesome – don’t need to be losing any more jobs right now. But how many jobs would be here if these companies were not outsourcing? How many Indians are doing the jobs that could be done by US residents who are now unemployed?

No comments:

Post a Comment