Thursday, November 4, 2010

Teh new job

Hello Dear Readers!
So it has been a while since I wrote to you so I, first, want to apologize for that. Ha ha right? Like you don’t have anything better to do than just sit there waiting for Kansasmike to post another blog offering, right? Well my first week back out at the plant went good so far. Sitting in a training room learning about policy I already knew quite well. I could have given the class in like 30 minutes or less – hell let’s see if I can do it in a paragraph.
Don’t take shit on the production floors unless it either belongs there or you are authorized to do so. When you take a shit flush your toilet paper (you don’t want to know why that has to be addressed). Smoking, eating, and cell phones are for authorized breaks – unless you can sneak really good. If you get caught sneakin’ you gonna get swatted – maybe even fired. If you are climbing up of high shit wear one those fall arrest thingies. If it is loud you need plugs for your ears, if shit can fall on your head try wearin’ one of them hard hats. No hitting, stealing, biting, punching, fighting, being and asshole, being a shithead or even just a plain ole jerk. If you do this shit you can get into trouble – and even fired. No gambling. Come to work on time every scheduled day and your paycheck will be bigger than if you miss days – no shit they teach these things to new hires. 180 degree water in the 180 sterilizers is hot but they are not cook pots – don’t put your hand or beef in them. If you work in the clean area don’t go to the dirty ones and then try coming back into the clean ones. If you work in the dirty areas stay the hell out of the clean ones (unless you first clean your ass up). Clock in before your start time – not before. You are here to work and the company only owes you the paycheck you earned – get over it and do the job your being paid to do.
How was that? I bet you got the idea though huh? Basically all that needs said is come to work, do what your told (unless it is unsafe) and everything will be great. Maybe throw in some basic safety stuff – like don’t be touching electrical wires and don’t steal the fat man’s sandwich.
You be able to tell by now that I don’t have a real subject to write about. I was bored so I decided to write something. I should be writing my final for my last class for my associate degree program – but procrastination is my success plan! I was thinking about bathtubs for a little while – well I was thinking of bathtubs with someone in it but whatever – and decided that maybe I should not be thinking about that; maybe writing would get my mind back into reality. Ok you busted me – I don’t exist in reality (unless I absolutely have to). Anyway back to my mind, my world. Writing does seem to bring me into focus.
So my big news – I quit smoking (yes again) I have been cigarette free for three days. Of course I am not totally nicotine free – I have started using the patch. But I think the patch is better than smoking.
Yeah, OK. I got nothing – I’m outie!

No comments:

Post a Comment